Lopressor and Norvasc drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lopressor and Norvasc together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lopressor and Norvasc. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,879 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
2,879 people who take Lopressor, Norvasc are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
- Anastomotic complication (complication of surgical connection between two structures)
- Gastroenteritis viral (inflammation of stomach and intestine caused by virus infection)
- Haematoma (collection of blood outside the blood vessels)
- Renal failure acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)
- Urinary tract infection
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
- Myocardial infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)
- Osteonecrosis (death of bone)
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect)
- Periodontitis (inflammation of the tissue around the teeth)
- Squamous cell carcinoma (a cancer of a kind of epithelial cell)
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Lopressor and Norvasc
- Subscribe to monitor Lopressor
- Subscribe to monitor Norvasc
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Lopressor has active ingredients of metoprolol tartrate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Lopressor 25,783 users)
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Norvasc 105,684 users)
Interactions between Lopressor and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Norvasc and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lopressor and Norvasca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Boschee T, DO PGY II, "Acute Hallucinations: Where Did That Come From?", , 2007 Jan .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Lopressor (11 members)
- Support group for people who take Norvasc
- Support group for people who take Lopressor and Norvasc
You may be interested in these posts
- What are the side effects for prevpac and amlodipine besylate? First time taking this. What do i expect? If i need an approval from my doc, it must be a reason
- Taking Norvasc since April 2018. Have depression and feeling like my feet and legs are cold and weird undiscribable sensations left hand feels numb . B/p is better but is it worth it??
- Since being on Norco and mobic i have really bad nightmares. Mostly about family dying or getting killed. Which medication does this if any?
- Passed 7 stones in Jan. 2017, looking for answers to why.
- Norvasc drove my eGFR down by 10 points in a 9-12mos period. That is happening? Need help from others
- Will you have Somnolence with Indigestion?
- Will you have Sleepy with Indigestion?
- Dexamethasone and Cefzil drug interaction
- Will you have Sleepiness - During The Day with Indigestion?
- Will you have Hypersomnia with Indigestion?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Indigestion and Somnolence?
- Support group for people who have Indigestion and Sleepy?
- Support group for people who take Dexamethasone and Cefzil
- Support group for people who have Indigestion and Sleepiness - During The Day?
- Support group for people who have Indigestion and Hypersomnia?
- I am starting on Turmeric curcumin 500 mg 2X a day. I also take two tablespoon Apple cider vinegar...
- Hi, I just started from 1 per bedtime to 2 a day (300 mg). A episode of confusion organizing...
- Hi im alex im 29 and ive been taking propranolol everyday for about 8-9 years. In the more recent...
- Hello, my name is Lisa. I just started taking Zantac due to severe acid reflex. I have only been...
- Hi have any of you in this group on praluent had weight gain. And if so was it mostly in upper...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.