Buspar and Vascular dementia - from FDA reports
Vascular dementia is found among people who take Buspar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Vascular dementia with Buspar. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,627 people who have side effects when taking Buspar from FDA, and is updated regularly.
12,627 people reported to have side effects when taking Buspar.
Among them, 21 people (0.17%) have Vascular dementia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Buspar when people have Vascular dementia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Vascular dementia when taking Buspar *:
- female: 71.43 %
- male: 28.57 %
Age of people who have Vascular dementia when taking Buspar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 6.25 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 81.25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care: 4 people, 19.05%
- Pain: 4 people, 19.05%
- Sleep Disorder: 2 people, 9.52%
- Constipation: 2 people, 9.52%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 1 person, 4.76%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyprexa: 8 people, 38.10%
- Prilosec: 7 people, 33.33%
- Cogentin: 6 people, 28.57%
- Alendronate Sodium: 4 people, 19.05%
- Ditropan: 4 people, 19.05%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fall: 6 people, 28.57%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 6 people, 28.57%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 5 people, 23.81%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 5 people, 23.81%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 5 people, 23.81%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Vascular dementia in Buspar
- Subscribe to monitor Buspar
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Vascular dementia
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Buspar 14,387 users)
Vascular dementia (vascular dementia is a general term describing problems with reasoning, planning, judgment, memory and other thought) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 20,159 Vascular dementia patients).
Drugs that are associated with Vascular dementiaVascular dementia (735 drugs)
Could your condition cause Vascular dementiaVascular dementia (1,256 conditions)
Buspar side effects
- Buspar side effects (12,634 reports)
Browse all side effects of Buspara b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Buspar and have Vascular Dementia
- Support group for people who have Vascular Dementia
- Support group for people who take Buspar
You may be interested in these posts
- I developed a movement disorder after taking Buspar for less than a month. Jaw tremor, visual spatial and balance problems
- I am currently taking Buspirone 5MG 2 times a day, 8AM AND 3PM. I have found that I am waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back asleep. Also, I am experiencing muscle twitching in my chest while laying in bed trying my hardest to fall back asleep and more anxious...
- Hi. I began taking Buspar about 3 weeks ago and would love to read about others takit it as well and any side effects you might be experiencing.
- My wife is bipolar and is now experiencing sign of dementia....the MRI is tomorrow...the results unknown now....Some one in fifty words or less tell me what are we looking at in the near future (year) and five years and ten year....I know everyone is different. My name is tony and I'm 73. my...
- I just started Buspar last week. I’m on a very low dose to start. 5mg 3x a day. I’m taking it for Anxiety. I also take a couple of medications that will possibly interact with it, but my Dr thinks it’s a low probability due to my low dose. She said if I get nauseous after taking, for...
- Will you have Hypokalemia with Estazolam?
- Will you have Menorrhagia with L-Lysine?
- What to expect when you take Aciphex and Lortab
- Will you have Bloodshot Eyes with Tylenol W/ Codeine?
- Will you have Sexual Dysfunction with Parnate?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Estazolam and have Hypokalemia?
- Support group for people who take L-Lysine and have Menorrhagia?
- Support group for people who take Tylenol W/ Codeine and have Bloodshot Eyes?
- Support group for people who take Parnate and have Sexual Dysfunction?
- Support group for people who take Potassium Iodide and Meloxicam
- I took my first Cimzia infusion 2 weeks ago. I just started itching, and it’s driving me crazy. ...
- Hey! Wondering if anyone suffered vitamin d problems while taking nexium.
- I have experienced exactly the same side effects and am also 58 years old with osteoporosis. Also...
- I had invasive ductal carcinoma and was treated with a lumpectomy and radiation followed by...
- Allergy and sinusitis, use neti pot, helps a lot. Is there any nasal operation that safe and...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.