Buspar and Vascular dementia - from FDA reports
Vascular dementia is found among people who take Buspar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Zyprexa, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Vascular dementia with Buspar. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,627 people who have side effects when taking Buspar from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
12,627 people reported to have side effects when taking Buspar.
Among them, 21 people (0.17%) have Vascular dementia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Vascular dementia when taking Buspar *:
- female: 71.43 %
- male: 28.57 %
Age of people who have Vascular dementia when taking Buspar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 6.25 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 81.25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care: 4 people, 19.05%
- Pain: 4 people, 19.05%
- Sleep Disorder: 2 people, 9.52%
- Constipation: 2 people, 9.52%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 1 person, 4.76%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyprexa: 8 people, 38.10%
- Prilosec: 7 people, 33.33%
- Cogentin: 6 people, 28.57%
- Fosamax: 4 people, 19.05%
- Aspirin: 4 people, 19.05%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Urinary Tract Infection: 6 people, 28.57%
- Fall: 6 people, 28.57%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 5 people, 23.81%
- Constipation: 5 people, 23.81%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 5 people, 23.81%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Buspar and have Vascular dementia?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Vascular dementia
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Ferritin, serum ($44.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Iron and total iron-binding capacity (tibc) ($41.00) Add to cart
- Iron, serum ($32.00) Add to cart
- Lipid profile ($41.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Buspar 14,386 users)
Vascular dementia (vascular dementia is a general term describing problems with reasoning, planning, judgment, memory and other thought) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 20,158 Vascular dementia patients).
Drugs that are associated with Vascular dementiaVascular dementia (1,715 drugs)
Could your condition cause Vascular dementiaVascular dementia (1,253 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsVascular dementia and drugs with ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. (53 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVascular dementia and Buspar from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Buspar side effects
- Buspar side effects (12,634 reports)
Browse all side effects of Buspara b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Buspar and have Vascular Dementia
- Support group for people who have Vascular Dementia
- Support group for people who take Buspar
Can you answer these questions
- is buspirone 7.5 mg safe for a stroke victom
- I’m a 45 year old male and I take Gabapentin @ 600 mg x 3 times a day for nerve damage caused by spine injury. Am I at risk of getting dementia ?
- Unfortunately I have a dad that have had been diagnozed by Lewy Body dementia. Any recommendations? Regards, Henrik
- I have HIT and am considering taking Buspar. Can you tell me the pros and cons of this medication in conjunction with histamine issues?
- I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me find explanations / descriptions / summaries of overstimulating sensory effects in the frontotemporal dementia patient. I've been researching online but have seen nothing pertaining to FTD, though there are numerous examples of flooding in ADHD and...
You may be interested in these posts
- I’ve been on BusPar for 1 month. Horrible, painful cystic acne. Also weight gain. The benefits are not outweighing the side effects. Anyone else??
- wonder how to cope with this problem
- Hello. Are there any major drawbacks to taking Loranzepam for a Dementia patient that is 80 years old.
- Wondering if the dementia symptoms continue after you stop taking it. My mom hasn't taken this for years, but has dementia now, and there is no history of this in our family. Just trying to see if this is related. If so, is there a detox to help?
- I am taking the medication Buspar and I had to take 3 drug test in 5 days 1 on Monday it came back negative 1 on Wednesday it came back positive for a benzo and 1 on Friday and it came back negative. I got off Xanax because I had to get into a pain clinic it was my choice to get off the Xanax...
- Lisinopril and Ilaris drug interaction
- Will you have Ed with Xifaxan?
- Will you have Monorchism with Hernia?
- Will you have Hypersexuality with Affective Disorder?
- Meclizine and Rabbiteye Blueberry drug interaction
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Lisinopril and Ilaris
- Support group for people who take Xifaxan and have Ed?
- Support group for people who have Hernia and Monorchism?
- Support group for people who have Affective Disorder and Hypersexuality?
- Support group for people who take Meclizine and Rabbiteye Blueberry
- What to expect when you take Lisinopril and Ilaris
- What to expect when you take Xifaxan and have Ed?
- What to expect when you have Hernia and Monorchism?
- What to expect when you have Affective Disorder and Hypersexuality?
- What to expect when you take Meclizine and Rabbiteye Blueberry
- A study for a 69 year old man who takes Spiriva Respimat, Gabapentin
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Diclofenac, Norgesic
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Flexeril, Premarin, Synthroid, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Savella, Lyrica, Atenolol, Flomax
- A study for a 19 year old girl who takes Zoloft
- A study for a 82 year old man who takes Qvar 40, Pantoprazole, Montelukast Sodium
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.