Vicodin and Gout - from FDA reports
Gout is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Gout with Vicodin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 43,979 people who have side effects when taking Vicodin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
43,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin.
Among them, 144 people (0.33%) have Gout
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vicodin when people have Gout *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Vicodin *:
- female: 32.39 %
- male: 67.61 %
Age of people who have Gout when taking Vicodin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.85 %
- 30-39: 2.54 %
- 40-49: 25.42 %
- 50-59: 17.8 %
- 60+: 53.39 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 23 people, 15.97%
- High Blood Pressure: 17 people, 11.81%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 14 people, 9.72%
- Bone Disorder: 14 people, 9.72%
- Prostate Cancer: 12 people, 8.33%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 52 people, 36.11%
- Aredia: 51 people, 35.42%
- Zometa: 47 people, 32.64%
- Allopurinol: 47 people, 32.64%
- Aspirin: 40 people, 27.78%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 67 people, 46.53%
- Dizziness: 57 people, 39.58%
- Joint Pain: 52 people, 36.11%
- Depression: 48 people, 33.33%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 47 people, 32.64%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Vicodin and have Gout?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Gout
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Arthritis panel ($197.00) Add to cart
- Calcium, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Ferritin, serum ($44.00) Add to cart
- Iron and total iron-binding capacity (tibc) ($41.00) Add to cart
- Iron, serum ($32.00) Add to cart
- Lipid profile ($41.00) Add to cart
- Parathyroid hormone (pth), intact ($65.00) Add to cart
Vicodin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Vicodin 47,847 users)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with gout, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 25,567 Gout patients).
Drugs that are associated with GoutGout (1,619 drugs)
Could your condition cause GoutGout (1,129 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGout and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. (364 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGout and Vicodin from FDA and eHealthMe reports (145 reports)
Vicodin side effects
- Vicodin side effects (44,014 reports)
Browse all side effects of Vicodina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Vicodin and have Gout
- Support group for people who have Gout
- Support group for people who take Vicodin
Can you answer these questions
- Hello, I typed a question earlier but it seemed to have been lost. I have been taking 2 - 3 Vicodin (7.5 mg/300 mg) for roughly the last ten years. I am 6ft, 165 & 61 years old. I am trim and try to get some kind of regular exercise although after multiple orthopedic (musc. skel.)...
- Is a chronic cough a precursor to a gout flare-up?
- I'm taking a vitamin supplement that includes shark. Should I be concerned that its increasing my uric acid levels, related to gout? Thank you!
- gout when contacted during treatment with Revlimid is medication given and does it go away. I seem to have developed it in one foot and it is not a good feeling.
- I have been taking Humira for three years. I am now experiencing gout and tendinitis. I do not eat any of the foods that normally cause gout or drink alcohol often. Anyone else experiencing this with Humira
You may be interested in these posts
- I have been on levothyroxine 0.025mg for less than 10 days and have gout!!! I take Allopuronol for three years 300mg per day. Catch 22!!!!!
- My son is 18 years old and has been taking epilim chrono for some 2 years, recently he has been diagnosed with Gout, can anyone tell me if this could be a side effect of this drug, if they received treatment for the gout and whether it helped.
- I suspect it can cause serious gout
- My husband has been taking Victoza for approximately one month and now and is experiencing gout for the first time ever.
- Can gout and gout medication cause someone to pass out?
- Will you have Haemoglobin Abnormal with Silvadene?
- Will you have Constipation Aggravated with Atacand?
- Will you have Stool Softener with Atacand?
- Will you have Stool Softener Needs with Atacand?
- Will you have Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements with Atacand?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Silvadene and have Haemoglobin Abnormal?
- Support group for people who take Atacand and have Constipation Aggravated?
- Support group for people who take Atacand and have Stool Softener?
- Support group for people who take Atacand and have Stool Softener Needs?
- Support group for people who take Atacand and have Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements?
- What to expect when you take Silvadene and have Haemoglobin Abnormal?
- What to expect when you take Atacand and have Constipation Aggravated?
- What to expect when you take Atacand and have Stool Softener?
- What to expect when you take Atacand and have Stool Softener Needs?
- What to expect when you take Atacand and have Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.